Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Heartfelt Sympathy~SSSC#52

Wow, it's been a super long time since I've pulled out a SU! set let alone making a total SU! card, but here we are.

January19_2010_SSSC52

I used Karen's great Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge #52 from this week for my layout, SU set called Close to a Memory and all SU paper...I forget the name of this paper, but I used Riding Hood Red and Kiwi Kiss cs with it.



I added another sentiment from the same set on the inside of the card as well.  It's always so hard to figure out what to write on the inside of sympathy cards, so I thought at least it's partly done for me now that I added this verse.    Lance and his Dad are going to Calgary this afternoon for a funeral and this is the card I made to send along with them. 

Well off I scoot, Landon is sick (I think just a cold) and has been sleeping since 7pm, so I have a feeling it may be a long night!  I'm not sending him to school tomorrow so at least we can hang out in our jammies together...after we take Kirsten to school that is!

Thank you for taking the time to visit me!


23 comments:

  1. A lovely card Kelly...hope Landon is well soon! ~Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! Love the paper piercing for the 'corner' accents on the front image piece.
    Enjoy your jammie day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. stunning! you have inspired me to pull this set out and use it again- thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. absolutely gorgeous - love how you pricked the holes. stunning. i am very inspired

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous creation. Love the colours and design.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, fab papers and the image matches perfectly.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really lovely - great use of brights

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I deleted by accident, as I was saying your card is beautiful and the inside is just as beautiful, great colours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a lovely card! I don't use this set often enough...it's so versatile. But it is a heartfelt card for such an occassion.
    I hope your son is feeling better soon!
    ~Lacey
    www.stampandcreate.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a real pretty card..I find Sympathy cards the hardest to make..Hope you son is feeling better soon.

    Thank you for the nice comments you left me on my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. beautiful! i love the lean and simple lines and i am totally loving the border punch edges too! hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very pretty card you have made! I just love the use of the border punches too!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is very beautiful and the sentiment is lovely. Hope your Son is feeling better soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog & leaving such a sweet comment. Hugs Jodie from Oz

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is Beautiful!!..and the sentiment inside is Wonderful!!..Sympathy cards are really difficult for me...Thanks for the Inspiration!..I hope your son is feeling better soon...Hugs, Ila

    ReplyDelete
  16. HI

    very nice and beautiful .keep blogging

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love this. It's crazy that we all have a million SU sets laying around and they rarely get used, so congrats on pulling this set out. hehe. Beautiful card Kelly!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hiya Kelly hun

    fantastic card, I love the beautiful colours you have used.

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a pretty card Kelly! Love those SU! colors and that paper... still one of my favorites. :o) TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Kelly! This is a very lovely card. I especially like the details of the paper piercing you've added on the front! Beautiful!
    Love and hugs ~ Lori

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is so pretty! I love this design and those colors!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leaving me a comment, please do come back again soon:-)!!