Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Autumn Wishes

First off, my FIL loved the card I made him for his birthday. I was watching his face as soon as he opened it and he started to chuckle right away, so that's good. He's still laughing about the saying on the inside!

This card was made for my Bunnzy Zoe's Crafts September Guest Designer roll...I am quite happy with the way it turned out.  I used some of the same paper as the other day as I find myself rather short on fall papers...or colors for that matter.  Anyway, I used a sketch that Heather from Hopefully has done and I know it was a couple weeks ago and I can't find it on her blog right now, so that's making me think that it was maybe for Whiff Of Joy or another DT she is on, but none the less, I really liked the sketch and decided to use it anyway.



This sweet little guy picking leaves is from the set called Autumn 1 by Ollyfant and is available at Bunny Zoe's Crafts.  The papers are actually from all over the place, SU, Chatterbox, Bazzil.  I added some fun light brown jute ribbon from Bunny Zoe's Crafts, the leaf buttons and Autumn Terracotta brads are from CTMH and finally the sentiment is from Magnolia.  I did sponge all the edges of all the different layers with Scattered Straw Distress Ink as well.

I am off to be helper Mom at playschool with Landon Wednesday morning and then have a bunch of stuff to get done in town. Lance is out of town all week and Kirsten is going to a friends house after school, so Landon and I are just go to visit with some friends until it's time to pick Kirsten up and then I told the kids we could go out for supper, so they are pretty excited.  

I'll be back on Thursday with some fun news and my DDCC card to share! 

Thanks for stopping by! 


12 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Kelly ... love how the autumn colours make the blue colours pop. So glad you FIL love your card ... I though he would probably have a good chuckle at the sentiment.
    Hugs
    Desire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a sweetie, fabulous colours too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card,, the colours that you have used are wonderful.. glad that the FIL love the card that you made. hugs rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card love the autumnal colours

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome Card and great colors ;0)

    Hugs, Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous card Kelly - the colours are gorgeous and your colouring is just perfect!
    Hugs Tara xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kelly this is adorable, what a cute little guy! ~Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card and cute image! I love this sketch, too. I like all of the layers and you did a great job matching so many different papers to work together!
    ~Lacey
    www.handstampedbylacey.typepad.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really lovely card, love the colours and papers.
    Hugs
    Carole x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute!! That's for using one of my sketches!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leaving me a comment, please do come back again soon:-)!!