Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Birthday Card for my MIL


Today was my MIL's birthday and this is the card I made just for her. She is an amazing quilter/sewer, all things crafty kind of lady, so I thought Kathy Quilting Angel from High Hopes would be a perfect match! She loved it!! I did stamp a sentiment on the inside of the card...just left the outside cause I really didn't have room for the stamp I wanted to use. Many thanks to Dr. Fanning who made her wish of coming home to the farm one more time come true, it was wonderful to see her at home, but oh so hard to say bye. We had a nice meal and then her favorite cake, a Black Forest Cake from Sunterra Market that Lance picked up...it was oh so yummy!!
Sorry it's so short and sweet tonight, but I have some ironing to do for Lance and then my Mom is going to meet me tomorrow to pick up the kids for a few days and I am going to spend some quality time with Lance's Mom.
I hope to be back on Thursday with something fun:-)
Stamps: Kathy Quilting Angel from High Hopes
Paper: Blue Bayou & Wild Wasabi from SU, PP from K&CO Costco slab, Canson watercolor paper
Accessories: prismacolor pencils, OMS, stardust stickles, buttons from CTMH & MME, SU DS Wild Wasabi ribbon, CTMH Hemp twine

7 comments:

  1. What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable! She's going to love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly
    I'm glad she loved it, not surprised it's lovely card. I hope all is well! Yummy pp and buttons!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stamp is just the cutest!!Good job, and the buttons are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Kelly. I am sure your MIL loved it. Hugs, Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kelly - that card is so lovely!! No wonder she loved it :)
    That's great that your MIL could come home to the farm for her birthday!
    thinking of you and your family at this difficult time!!!
    Love Sammi
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A terrific card Kelly. I love this image and the buttons. Wishing you a wonderful weekend too! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and leaving me a comment, please do come back again soon:-)!!